Thursday 24 October 2013

rave sketch - secrets

skipping the shuttle bus back
(I was in town to buy muesli)
I walk with a group of others to the creek.

it’s mouth-deep where
in a barbecue area
                             two women, likely yoga instructors
                             stand on their heads, eyeing drab bushes
I can see beyond, from atop a picnic table
to the clear water I imagine drowning them.

in headstands, blood rushes so urgently to mine
the weight a secret
we’ll not even let out in love
until a zephyr fells me
and in a heap of liquids
                                    and cells I lie
a shallow urgent river.

I smile serenely, I smile true.
I would eat myself before a stranger
                            If I had to, just for living.
                            in dreams I’ve gnawed off toes
burned all my forearm hair
to get at the smouldering flesh.

in reality I eat every scab, slice myself to drink.
once I nearly pulled a tooth
for the enamel victual, and to send a body down my throat.
legs spread-eagled, pretty heads still.
what are the crying hatchlings
in the eucalypt sails overhead

about to be given by the mother
                                            crow returning soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment